Kirkland Temple

Kirkland Temple

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Too fast...Sudden stop

Well This week was super fast then stopped a bit too fast...

Thursday; started out just perfectly fine. It was actually a pretty normal day. A member fed us some super good fried chicken. After that, we visited a less active. He had a very dirty and messy apartment.  We talked a bit, well actually a lot. He was drummer. First time I held drum sticks my entire mission.... I am super slow now, Ah well, not going to be a professional drummer anymore. and honestly nothing bad happened all day. It was nice. Pretty sure it was just a tender mercy to replace the rest of the week.

Friday; We've been going up by the lake a lot lately. Its a pretty cool lake, ocean thingy. It's huge. We went out with a member to the project to drop off some bibles. He was then kind enough to tell us that our ward contains the 2nd worst violent crime area per capita in the US. Sorry Mom. I'm safe, I promise. After that, we had a crazy schedule. We had 3 back ups cause we weren't 100% sure how it was going to go. We took Plan A though. We visited Demble at his house with a member and it was very touching. I've just a had a great understanding of back ups. " just in case".

Saturday: we had a great morning everything was going great. We were going to take a bus home for some lunch and 12 week training and I had just barely replaced my front brakes.... I was going a bit too fast for how fast I needed to stop. So needless to say, my hands kinda hurt. But my bike is fine and clothes are fine, thank goodness. We took it a bit easy the rest of the night.

Sunday was pretty fun, Mostly fist bumps that day. And the Washingtons entire family showed up to church. It was perfect.

Monday; We saw Demble in the morning at the library that was close by. He had read 3 chapters by himself. He really likes 1 Nephi chapter 3 verse 7. Bishop Keller and his family invited us for dinner that night too and they fed us breakfast food. It was wonderful. Then we had Family Home evening with all of the Washingtons. It was awesome. Their family is all united and they couldn't be happier. It's wonderful.

Tuesday; We did a lot of biking. My hands were fine by Monday morning. We didn't talk to anyone all day. We just didn't have any luck. And I noticed that my brakes have been rubbing a bit since before the crash. So we took a look at it... Yep another bent axle.... So yippy, no bike for a bit 'til a member will help me fix it. 

It's been a good week. Got a bit beat up by myself. But it's been a great week. We've worked hard. And I actually miss my bike. I've grown to love it. I hate walking it takes too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment